I had two fan trellis on my wall before, but for my garden makeover I wanted two more.
They’ll each have a clematis growing up them. The only trouble was the only fan trellis I could find were £15 each – a bit over budget after buying masonry paint etc. Then I remembered I had some scrappy bits of trellis all around the garden.
I found quite a bit in the end.
A little work with a hammer and crowbar. Rather than trying to pull all the old staples out, I just bashed them with a hammer until they were flat.
And then I used the old trellis as a template to cut the pieces of wood to size.
The only problem was none of my scrappy pieces of wood were long enough for the upright pieces, so I had to make two sections and join them together with plates:
As you can see the trellis is screwed together, I couldn’t find any nails the right length.
To finish them off, I got a little over excited by the range of colours available in Cuprinol Garden Shades. I finally settled on:
I’ll think you’ll agree, this will definitely brighten up the garden!